Fruit and Nut Weetabix Cookies
Submitted by: Flora S., Scarborough, ON
Recipe Source: I made it up!
- 1 cup (110 g) walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup (215 g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (105 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 Weetabix biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup dried cranberries, cherries or raisins or
- 1 cup white or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper
- Toast nuts in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 8-10 minutes until browned and fragrant. Cool and chop. Set aside.
- In mixer, mix cream, butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine all dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add flour mix to creamed ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in nuts, Weetabix and dried fruit or chips. For large cookies, use ice cream scoop and space them about 2 in. (5 cm) apart on baking sheet.
- Wet hands and flatten slightly so they are about 1/2 in. (1.25 cm) thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown around edges but still soft and wet in center.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.