Real Chicken Nuggets with Smoky BBQ Sauce
Made with Weetabix
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks or fingers
- 1 oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 oz lightly crushed Weetabix
- Salad, to serve
For the bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 425F fan/gas 7. To make the BBQ sauce, put all the ingredients in a pan with 6 tbsp water, and allow to bubble and reduce for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the mayonnaise in a bowl with the chicken and stir well to coat. Mix the crumbs and Weetabix with some seasoning. Tip onto a plate and use the crumbs to coat the chicken. Spread out the chicken pieces on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until tender but still juicy. Serve with the BBQ sauce and salad.