Made with Weetabix
- 2 cups/300g self-rising flour
- 1 cup/225g sugar
- 1 cup/200g raisins (or any other dried fruit)
- 2 Weetabix (crushed)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 1/4 cup/275ml semi-skimmed or 1% milk
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- Measure out all the dried ingredients into a large bowl.
- Pour in the milk and egg and mix well (the mixture will look like a lumpy batter).
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 270 F/gas 3 for around 1 hr 15 mins, until it is firm to touch, golden brown and a skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Once cooked, turn out of the tin onto a wire rack and remove the greaseproof paper.
- Cut into slices when cool.